Monday, July 23, 2007

Hawaii without Summer.....

Well, Summer is back in the mainland and I am recouperating. She kept me pretty busy while she was here. But we had so much fun! I wish she were still here so we can go snorkling again.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 - Gosh - I can't remember what we did that morning but that evening we were to go on a Catamaran Dinner Cruise. We get to the pick up destination and wait for out bus. I give the gal our reservation notice and she can't find us on the manifest. So we wait, it's hot and sweaty, she calls her office - after about 25 minutes she comes back and says "Sorry, I can't find your reservation - you will have to go back to where you bought your ticket and take it up with them". HUH....You mean we can't even get on the bus? No - they just leave us sitting there. We have exactly 15 minutes to get to the agency where I bought the tour at and so Summer and I hit the road running - er well, with my ankle - trotting - ok halling butt. We get there just as the office is closing and whew - the guy calls the dinner cruise company and puts us in a cab to go to the dinner. Now - he tells us the dinner cruise company is going to pay for the cab - the dinner cruise people say not there not. Ok, I'm beginning to lose the ALOHA spirit about this time because they still can't find our reservation. Our cab has left (I paid the cab driver) and I don't know what to do. This is Summer's last night in Hawaii and I really wanted to show her how much fun this cruise was. So finally, the guy says ok - we'll fix this later and puts us on the boat - in the VIP section. Ok this is GOOD. Then he comes back saying it was all a misunderstanding and everything is on him. (By everything he meant the Drinks) Ok so we are on board and had a great dinner - dancing and VIP treatment the whole way! Summer had a blast and the agency reimbursed us for the cab fare and gave me a great deal on another tour while am here on the island. All's well that end's well.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 - Summer and I wake up at 6:00 am to head to Hanauma Bay for one last snorkling adventure. This was beautiful - there are more fish here and we heard that sea turtles were out there too. We never got to see one, bummer. But Summer has to get ready to go home.....BIGGER BUMMER.

Monday, July 23, 2007 - Sleep for me - rest for me - tomorrow I go to the Big Island and visit for a couple of days. So I'll write more when I return.

Aloha for now!

Kerri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kerri,
You are having such a good time! I love your spirit of adventure(but you have always had that). When your ankle has had more time to heal, why not try the Diamond Head hike. When I went you had to take your own water. It is a long hot hike to the top, and you must take water. I went as part of a tour, but there were lots of people who drove their cars and hiked to the top.
Don't know what it is like now, but it was the most challenging thing I had ever done. the view at the top was worth every minute of the hike.
Your Tucson MK Friend